If we have Jesus and love Him we want to help others and do good things, but often we are distracted by far-away needs, disasters, and attention-getting headlines to the point where we forget that we can be a blessing and help to those around us. We get so overwhelmed with all the problems of a broken and confusing World that we give up trying to do even the bit of good we can do here and now.
Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world!" ~ John 18:36 and, “If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.” ~ John 15:19
In other words, we can't look to the instruments and ways of this dimension to improve things, we have to employ the gifts of the spirit as Paul talked about in 1 Cor 12. It was summed up in Galatians 5:22-23, "the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control."
We can build the “Kingdom of God” in our own hearts and then in our immediate surroundings, with our neighbours, family, friends and local community. Perhaps that’s why Jesus said that to love God and to love your neighbour is the greatest thing. Jesus was advocating a “here and now” charity – not the “one day somehow somewhere” approach.
So lets start changing the World one heart at the time by showing sincere love, patience, forgiveness, tolerance etc. to those we meet. They will recognize there is something special about us, and if they are seeking they will want to know what it is.
Practical ways and means...
• Learn to live by faith. "seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." ~ Matt. 6:33 Tried and proven - read my book to see that it works!
• Talk to Jesus and listen to His still small voice in your heart! Read My Crystal Ball!
• Share your faith with those you meet. Read about Being Born of the Spirit!
• You can download print-ready pamphlets from Ant.Tracts to give to those you meet.
• Share this website with your friends!
Block and copy this link, https://mytiramisu.org/ and add it to your email signature/blog/FB page to share the resources on this site.